Faith UMC News
Worship: Our online worship service (Facebook Live) will continue while our in-person service (Phase IV) in the church building has resumed. We will have our in-person service step-by-step by the guideline of IDPH (IL Department of Public Health) and the Northern IL Conference.
* IF YOU FEEL SICK OR HAVE A HIGH TEMPERATURE, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
1) All are required to have their temperature checked, wear their mask, and use hand sanitizer.
2) All are required to wear a mask all the time.
3) All are seated 6 feet apart in the pew, except for family members.
4) No Passing of Peace during the service and no Fellowship Time after church.
5) Children will be with their parents during service. (No Sunday school or children’s church.)
6) Volunteers are needed to disinfect all pews, bathrooms, and door knobs.
7) Facebook Live and Zoom meetings (youth & children) will be continued.
8) No bulletins will be distributed. (It will be sent by mail or email during week.)
9) No passing of offering plates. You may put your offering in the offering box located in the narthex.
10) Don’t linger in the narthex area for greeting or conversation after church. (Go outside or stay in the sanctuary.)
Register for Worship Attendance: We are now in Phase IV of reopening Faith Church, which allows 50 people to attend Sunday services in person. Since the Praise Team and other technical people are necessary to be here, we have about 20 openings for more people to attend. If you wish to attend on a particular Sunday, please call the church office and register your name. (630) 968-0442. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or high temperature, please stay at home. If you or family attended church and are infected with COVID-19, please call church and let Sharon or Pastor Charles know.
Today’s speaker is Mel Gehrs. Mel and Nancy Gehrs have been long time members of Faith Church. With degrees in Nuclear and Electrical engineering, Mel is a technology geek and a lifelong learner. After retiring from ComEd, he started a computer consulting company and has been working in the Smart Grid area for 18 years. Since college, Mel has been fascinated with the complexities of the universe and God’s Grand Design.” He is currently serving as the chair of Administration Council and he also leads Adult Bible Fellowship on Sundays.
Upcoming New Sermon Series: Making Room For Life
Sep. 27 The Accumulation Trap
Oct. 4 Teach Your Children Well
Oct. 11 Table Talk
Bible Sunday on September 27: Third graders and kindergarteners will receive a new Bible during the service.
Faith Church Decals for your car or electronic devices are available. Thanks to Robyn Pagulayan for designing this logo. Suggested donation is $5 for 2 decals and will go to our children and youth ministry.
Church Website has been updated as of September 1 (faithchurchdg.org). Even though you don’t have the FaceBook account, you can watch the Sunday worship service from Sunday evening. Eunice Yoon and Robyn Pagulayan are new website managers and will continually develop our website to be more visitor friendly. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact them or church office.
Church (Charge) Conference has been scheduled on October 13 (Tue.) at 7:00 pm. SPRC will meet at 6:45 pm. Church Conference will be held via the Zoom meeting and more detailed direction will be followed.
NIC Annual Conference will be held via the Zoom meeting on Nov. 14 (Sat.).
Birthdays this week: George Welson, Diana Paulhus, Vernette Sima, Matt Tapia, Ceferina Francisco
The altar flowers are given to the glory of God by Efren Francisco.